A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
- 1 Good side hustle ideas to earn extra money
- 1.1 What is a Side Hustle?
- 1.2 Development of an Effective Side Hustle
- 1.3 To 10 Good side hustle ideas
- 1.3.1 1. Google AdSense
- 1.3.2 2. Dropshipping Business
- 1.3.3 3. Affiliate Marketing
- 1.3.4 4. Freelance Writing
- 1.3.5 5. Become a Virtual Assistant
- 1.3.6 6. Start a Blog
- 1.3.7 7. Start Podcasting
- 1.3.8 8. Sell Information Products
- 1.3.9 9. Become an Instagram Influencer
- 1.3.10 10.Sell Your Photography
- 1.4 Wrapping Up
- 1.5 Continue Reading….
Good side hustle ideas to earn extra money
Are you searching for strategies to earn yourself a few extra dollars with a side hustle? There are hundreds of good side hustle ideas to make some money. However, depending on what skills you have and your needs, earning a considerable amount of cash is easier than ever.
Regardless of where you’re from and what you do for a living, thanks to the technology miracles and conveniences, making some extra money is no longer a never-ending struggle. Almost the entire world is at our fingertips, and as long as you know how to tap into an expansive range of opportunities in the digital world, you can easily earn yourself a few extra bucks.
Ideas to Earn Extra Money
Below, I have listed some good side hustle ideas that offer a quick fix to make some money. However, some of these ideas will take a considerable amount of your time. Either way, you can choose a method that perfectly fits within your skill set while also ensuring the delivery of a serious amount of value.
So, what is a side hustle?
What is a Side Hustle?
A side hustle idea means a way that enables you to earn a few extra bucks outside of your daily 9 to 5 job. It allows you to make more money to give you the freedom to get things you want or need, pursue your dreams, and reduce your financial worries.
Honestly, most 9 to 5 jobs don’t earn you enough money to pay your bills. It is especially true if you are new and just starting in your career. When calculating the expenses, such as food, bills, rent, etc., you might come to know that you barely have anything leftover.
Though you get a bonus of a few hundred dollars a year with no or a little salary increment on your $40,000, but is that what you want?
Is that enough to live the life you dreamed about?
Of course not.
It is nice to start applying a good side hustle idea to earn an extra hundred or even a thousand dollars a month. It will allow you to make more money to change that $0 bank balance into something more significant.
So, how to develop a side hustle?
Development of an Effective Side Hustle
So, finally, you have realized that a side hustle is the most effective way to earn some extra bucks to reduce your financial worries. But do you know how to start a successful side hustle?
Here are a few parameters that you need to follow to develop a side hustle!
1. Enlist What You Are Passionate About
Be clear that you have to love what you are going to do as a side hustle. It is essential if you want to make it successful. It will be done outside your regular job (if you already have a job). It also means that you will need to have more energy and motivation.
So, make sure to opt for something you are passionate about. Gather information about side hustle ideas around your skills and interests. It will help you to find the most suitable venture to start and transform your hobby into a business.
2. Consider the Investment Cost
A side hustle should not cost a lot of money. However, it requires some upfront investment for the essentials, such as tools, branding, and hosting. You can decide if you want to market to find your customers.
Whatever your plans are for the growth and expansion of your side hustle, make sure to be aware of your expenses before it happens. Calculate your spending accordingly, and analyze your success rate to determine whether you should continue.
3. Avoid Conflicts of Interest
If you already have a job that could conflict with your side hustle, then you should abandon your plans to continue with it. In this regard, the best advice is to shelf your side hustle idea for another time or try something else so you don’t end up doing something that increases your financial worries.
4. Create a Schedule for Your Side Hustle
Creating a schedule for your side hustle is necessary to ensure that everything is going in the right direction. It isn’t possible to create a website, schedule your content, and then forget everything else until the next month.
Make sure to schedule a time for your side hustle regularly, and highlight goals for this specific time to make sure what you are doing is profitable. If you’ve got a day job, try to give four or five evenings to your side hustle.
5. Give Your 100% to Your Full-Time Job.
If you have a full-time job and also setting up a side hustle, make sure to give your 100% to your full-time job when you are at work. A side hustle idea is there only to provide you with a few extra bucks, while your day job is what you depend up to pay your bills and other expenses. So, do not try to shift your focus to your side hustle when you are in the office, or it will be disastrous.
So, what are some good side hustle ideas?
Let’s discuss the best side hustle ideas that will help you earn more money from the comfort of your home!
To 10 Good side hustle ideas
1. Google AdSense
Google AdSense is a good side hustle idea. If you have visited a website on the internet, you have seen advertisements on it. These advertisements are known as “Google AdSense.” They are everywhere and rightly so, as they are easy to set up on a website and lucrative once your site starts getting more traffic.
One thing I like the most about Google AdSense is that it is easy to set up. If you’re running a blog or website, you can enroll yourself in a free Google AdSense Account. After that, you will get a unique code from Google to paste it onto your blog or website.
Google takes it from there to track your traffic, views, and the amount earned on your behalf. It doesn’t require any maintenance or upkeep to get it going, meaning it is a no-brainer if you’ve got a blog or website.
So, how much will you make from Google AdSense?
My maximum earnings through Google AdSense were about $4000 over the last five years. It blew my mind away since it was only the beginning of my journey. Leaping from $0 to $4000 a month can rock your world.
Benefits of Google AdSense
- Google AdSense doesn’t require any particular product for users to sell. A blog or website with relevant and adequate content is more than enough to make money through AdSense.
- A massive number of advertisers and publishers (over 10 million) are using Google AdSense.
- Google AdSense offers top-quality security, transparency, and safety for both publishers and advertisers. Google itself serves as an intermediary and is responsible for making the entire process clear and transparent.
- You will have a variety of ad formats. Advertisers can run HTML ads, images, text, videos, etc., in almost every size.
2. Dropshipping Business
Dropshipping business is among the best side hustle ideas. It enables you to sell items directly to your customers without investing in buying any inventory. It means you don’t have to spend a considerable amount as a startup cost to keep the risk low.
The manufacture will be responsible for carrying the inventory and shipping it directly to the customers for you. However, your primary focus should be customer service and marketing – a lifeline for any business.
If you are good at marketing and considering starting a side hustle, a Dropshipping business is for you. It also allows you to create a business within any of your passions. If you are passionate about kitchen stocks, you can start a kitchen equipment business on the internet.
Maybe you are passionate about doing makeup. You can start selling beauty products and build a targeted audience who follows your tutorials about makeup. The bottom line is you can pursue any niche with a Dropshipping business.
Benefits of Dropshipping
- Dropshipping increases your cash flow. As you don’t have to have any inventory or stock product, you are not required to pay for it until it is sold and you have been paid for it.
- You will add new products to expand your product collection, which will help you keep your existing clients engaged and returning to see what new products you have acquired.
- You don’t need a lot of money to start your Dropshipping business. It is because you don’t have to purchase wholesale or cover the expense of manufacturing your products.
3. Affiliate Marketing
If you have a website or considering creating one, affiliate marketing can be a good side hustle idea for you. With it, you can partner with different brands or businesses within the content of your blog or website.
When you mention a product, service, or item, you can link that item or product through an affiliate code that you will receive when enrolling yourself for that affiliate program. After that, you can make money online each time someone purchases a product or item through your link.
Affiliates as partners
Moreover, you can also partner with affiliates relevant to your blog or website concept. Since I’m a financial advisor, I’ve concentrated most of my affiliate energy on products and services relevant to my niches, such as credit cards, saving accounts, investment accounts, etc.
In addition to enrolling yourself in an individual affiliate program, you can register yourself in an affiliate ad network, offering plenty of different affiliates in a single place. It will help you to determine what is working for you and what to avoid.
Benefits of Affiliate Marketing
- The most striking advantage of affiliate marketing is that its passive income. If you write a blog post for once and incorporate affiliate links in it, you could make money for months or even years to come.
- You can start a blog for free through a free blogging site (I do not recommend it). However, if you select the paid route, a blog startup cost is as little as $10 for a domain and $5 per month for hosting your blog or site.
- Enjoy creating various streams of income. Though many bloggers or site owners start affiliate marketing with Amazon, you could promote tons of other affiliate programs.
- Your audience comes to your blog or website because they like and respect what you have to say. When you promote or suggest something on your blog or website, you are helping your audience.
4. Freelance Writing
Another good side hustle that allows you to make some extra money working from your home’s comfort is freelance writing. Since it requires you to trade your time for money, it is up to you how much you want to earn. A pro tip for succeeding as a freelance writer is to charge your clients based on the value you are confident to bring.
So, how much will you earn as a freelance writer?
Well, as a side hustle idea, you can earn an extra $1000 to $4000 per month with freelance writing. However, it will depend on what you charge for an article and how much you can write in your spare time.
If you are considering to start as a freelance writer, you should consider some useful platforms to build your portfolio and skillset, including Upwork, Fiverr, Craigslist, and Freelancer.
Benefits of Freelance Writing
- You will have the freedom to work from the comfort of your home or anywhere else in the world.
- Are you dreaming about being your boss? Being a freelance writer, you can make your dream come true. You will have the opportunity to choose your daily schedule, work hours, clients, workload, etc.
- The most striking benefit of freelance writing is the ability to earn more. You can make more by setting flexible work hours to increase your earning power.
- You’ll have tons of opportunities to learn something new every day. Whether you’re tasked with creating social media content, writing white papers, or creating email marketing newsletters, you are responsible for learning new things and skills about an expansive range of topics, clients, and industries.
5. Become a Virtual Assistant
Nowadays, like any other top side hustle, virtual assistants are in high demand. A virtual assistant means you will work from your home’s comfort or any other remote location rather than a company’s office.
A virtual assistant is responsible for helping with tasks, such as social media, administration, and more. Virtual assistants’ demand is growing incredibly. Business owners who don’t have time to manage their projects need a virtual assistant to do all their tasks.
Becoming a virtual assistant means you can specialize in various areas. In the past, I have hired virtual assistants for customer service and social media. There are tons of businesses worldwide that rely on their virtual assistants to maintain and grow their businesses.
Becoming a virtual assistant means you are trading your time for money. It means your earning will depend on the hours you can work. You have the option to get paid by hours or set the total monthly income. If you have good skills, you can make up to $40 per hour.
Benefits of Becoming a Virtual Assistant
- As a virtual assistant, you will have all the freedom. You can make your schedule, sleep longer if you want, or work as late as you want.
- Since a virtual assistant works from a remote location (home), you will benefit from raising your little ones while also making money.
- You don’t require to shell out a lot of your hard-earned dollars to start a virtual assistant setup.
- It is a growing industry, and there is a high demand for virtual assistants. So, you do not need to spend much of your time finding a job that suits you.
6. Start a Blog
One of the easiest and good side hustle ideas that you can do from the comfort of your home or anywhere else is blogging. Starting a blog allows you to build a brand, owning your asset. You can also write about your passions.
Having only one niche that you write about, such as beauty, yoga, business, etc., enables you to build a targeted audience sharing the same interest. There are more than one ways that you can apply to start earning money from your blog. You can use affiliated sponsor posts or ad a shop link where you provide Dropshipping items.
Though in the beginning, you will make nothing, if you stick to it for a few years, you will make enough money to quit your full-time job and start blogging as your new full-time job.
Moreover, if you are passionate about blogging, you can set up an online store to monetize. It will enable you to start monetizing the asset before you have built a targeted audience. As your blog starting to grow, you can retarget ads to monetize its traffic to boost your sales.
Benefits of Starting a Blog
- Starting a blog will enable you to hone your writing skills. Though some people think that writers are born with god-gifted writing talent, most will confirm that the art of writing and communication is learned through practice.
- Writing blog posts will let you become a more organized thinker. You can rethink, rephrase, edit, or delete your beliefs.
- As a blogger, you can make a difference in other’s lives.
- Making money through blogs is among the hottest topics nowadays. So, starting a blog is a good side hustle idea to make some extra money.
7. Start Podcasting
Podcasting is a hard but worth considering side hustle idea. You can earn more money hosting an online podcast. I have a podcast to go along with my blog, and I use this platform to hit advertisers and sponsors all the time. I still remember having my first sponsor on the podcast and figuring out that they are happy to pay $5000 for me to add a short clip at the starting of every podcast for three months.
However, some people make far more than me on their podcasts. An excellent example in this regard is the Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast. According to their most recent income report, the podcast’s net income is more than $4,000,000 in a month.
Moreover, the critical point to get ahead with podcasting is to find your niche, grow a targeted audience, and then look for ways to monetize and link with sponsors. Be clear that podcasting is not an easy way to make money since there are plenty of logistics going into writing, recording, and editing a podcast.
Benefits of Creating Podcasts
- According to a survey, over 112 million people listen to podcasts once a month. It means creating a podcast means you can tap into a whopping new audience.
- As a blogger, it is all about how to connect with the audience. Creating audios of your podcasts will enable you to improve your oral and written delivery.
- You can hit the sponsors with your podcasts after building an audience to make some extra money.
- Creating audios is an effective way to build your brand. Audios help to crystallize your message.
8. Sell Information Products
If you’re looking for some good side hustle ideas to earn some money, selling information products is a good idea. However, unlike any other side hustle ideas that I have discussed above, it requires research, time, and good marketing skills to flourish.
Do you know a lot about topics that are popular right now?
Did you find a popular topic with insufficient information about it?
You can easily monetize this information by creating in-depth content about it. Also, you can publish e-books on platforms like Amazon or sell online courses on Udemy. The money you will earn through this depends on the niche, marketing skills, and many other parameters. However, aside from hustle, ideas like this can earn you a few thousand bucks every month.
9. Become an Instagram Influencer
Who doesn’t want to become famous? Nobody. However, not everyone can become a singer or actor. Luckily, you can build a personal brand around yourself depending on what you can do. Maybe you have got a good sense of humor or a cool fashion sense.
Instagram is a platform where anybody can start a side hustle – Instagram influencer.
If you do not like the spotlight, that’s okay. You can establish Instagram following around something you are passionate about, such as your photography or dog. Moreover, you can monetize your Instagram in different ways, such as Instagram takeovers, sponsors, or selling products.
An average Instagram influencer charges up to $300 per post. This is remarkable, based on the size of your audience.
Benefits of Becoming an Instagram Influencer
- As an Instagram influencer, you are not bound by a 9 to 5 job or a fixed location. You can decide your working time and how much work you want to do.
- You can build a community of people that shares the same thoughts as yours. It helps you to form reliable connections with your audience and improve your engagement. The higher and better your engagement rate is, the more chances you will have to hit deals with brands.
- Nowadays, most brands prefer to give influencers gifts as a motivation to promote the brand’s services or products in return. Becoming a better influencer means there are high chances that brands will touch with you for collaboration.
10.Sell Your Photography
Do you have a camera? Love photography? Have you got Photoshop skills? If yes, your photography skills are another good side hustle idea to earn some extra money. If you love capturing photos of your city, you can sell your photographs to local publications, a local newspaper, or blogs. There are tons of sites, such as Shutterstock and Foap, that allows you to sell your pictures. You can earn money with every shot you sell.
However, if you do not like to earn money with your pictures, you can add your photos to items, such as T-shirts, canvases, etc., to make more money. Selling your photos online can earn you hundreds or even a thousand dollars per month.
Benefits of Selling your Photographs
- You can turn your passion into a side business by selling your photographs online.
- It allows you to hone your photography skills and think about your photographs in new ways.
- Selling your photographs online will also open literal doors for you. You might be invited into buildings to take photos of unique venues or fantastic craftsmanship.
A good side hustle idea can help you eliminate your financial worries by earning a few extra dollars each month. Besides that, a side hustle is also an effective way to learn new skills, build your portfolio or brand, and get more freedom. A side hustle is your best pick to live a life you have dreamed about.